These Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are a Delicious & Healthy Party Snack!
As summer comes into full swing, the season of warm entertainment and outdoor parties is among us! Our buffalo chicken meatballs recipe is an excellent Phase 1-friendly Ideal Protein appetizer that’s sure to make your house known for the best snacks in the neighborhood!
- 2 lbs. ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup finely grated zucchini (approximately 1 medium zucchini, grated on the finest side of a box grater)
- 1/2 cup grated celery
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup of your favorite wing sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
- Walden Farms Blue Cheese dressing, for dipping
- Diced Green Onions or chopped fresh parsley for Garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, vegetables, spices, beaten egg whites, and 2 tsp. wing sauce.
- Gently mix the ingredients by hand (do not squeeze or over mix).
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Scoop meat mixture into 2 tbsp. sized portions.
- Roll portion gently between palm to form a smooth ball and place on baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs on center rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven.
- Pour wing sauce in a bowl and transfer meatballs to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Let the meatballs sit in the sauce while you raise the oven temperature to 450°F.
- Drain the moisture and wipe the grease from the baking sheet.
- Apply a fresh coat of olive oil spray.
- When oven has reached 450°F, give meatballs another toss in the bowl, then transfer (sauce and all) to the baking sheet.
- Bake, on the top rack of the oven, for 12-15 minutes.
- *Serve with green onions or chopped fresh parsley.
- *Serve with Walden Farms Blue Cheese Dressing for dipping.
Get the best Ideal Protein recipes with 7Company!
At 7Company, we will always supply you with the latest and greatest recipes for your weight loss journey. You don’t have to worry about suffering through with bad tasting diet food because we have tasty options that are still going to push you towards your goal weight! Give us a call today to learn more about the recipes that we have to offer.
Contact a Coach Today!
(Serving: approx. 35 meatballs)