Ideal Protein Phase 1 Friendly
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tbsp Ideal Protein Sesame Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp minced lemongrass (optional)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4-8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Preheat a clean, lightly oiled grill or grill pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat with the sesame sauce, onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass (if desired), jalapeno, and salt, stirring gently to evenly distribute all ingredients.
- Roll the mixture into golf ball-size meatballs, and then carefully thread 3 or 4 onto each other skewer.
- When your grill or broiler is heated, add the meatball skewers and grill for 4-5 minutes per side, until a light char has developed on the outside and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Use lettuce leaves to makes wraps with the meatballs, topping with shredded cucumbers and a drizzle of Ideal Protein Sesame Sauce.