Ideal Protein Phase 1 Friendly!
- 8 cups fresh rhubarb stalks, cubed
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 6 tbsp Walden Farms pancake syrup
- 2 packets IP Oatmeal
- 4 tbsp Apple Butter Spread, Phase 1 approve (optional)
- 2 oz water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large non-stick saucepan, mix together rhubarb, cinnamon and vanilla and cook over medium-high heat, stirring regularly.
- When the mixture begins to reach a soft consistency, add pancake syrup, and remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, add packets of IP Oatmeal and slowly mix in water until thick, crumble consistency is formed.
- Spoon 2 cups portions of rhubarb compote into four small, oven safe, bowls or ramekins.
- If desired, place 1 tbsp of apple butter on top of rhubarb compote.
- Top the rhubarb compote with the Maple oatmeal crumble.
- Place in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until oatmeal is browned.