- 1 portion* boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1” cubes
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp – ¼ tsp cayenne, depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups asparagus, 1” inch off the bottom trimmed off, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
*US: 1 Portion = 4-6 ounces
*CA: 1 Portion = 8 ounce
- Toss chicken cubes with salt and cayenne. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat for about a minute. Add in avocado oil to evenly coat the pan and place chicken in the pan in one layer.
- Sear all of the sides of the chicken until golden, about 30 seconds per side. Add garlic to the pan and saute until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in chicken stock and lemon juice carefully. Push chicken to the side and top with a sprig of tarragon add asparagus to the other side of the skillet. Cover and simmer until chicken reaches 165F and asparagus is tender. About 5-7 minutes.
- Uncover skillet, plate chicken and asparagus, and garnish with tarragon.