Spice-Rubbed Chicken Tenders with Cilantro Dipping Sauce
Who says chicken tenders are just for kids? These are grease-free and light on the sodium and calories! Packed with the perfect herb and the lean chicken protein, you don’t have to push away your chicken tender cravings now. To top it all off, the cool green cilantro dipping sauce adds that perfect kick.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
- 1/4 cup parsley sprigs
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sprig cilantro, for garnish
- Coat a grill rack or broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill or boiler.
- In a cup, combine the chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Cut two 1/2″-deep slashes on each side of the chicken tenders.
- Rub the spice mixture over the chicken, pressing it into the slits.
- Place the chicken in a baking pan and coat completely with cooking spray. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the cilantro, parsley, almonds, garlic, chile pepper, and salt. Process until chopped.
- While the processor is running, add the lime juice and oil through the feed tube, stopping the machine once or twice to scrape down the sides of the container until the sauce is smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl.
- Stir in the water, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
- Place the chicken on the prepared rack and grill or broil 6″ from the heat, turning several times, for 15 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 170°F and the juices run clear.
- Serve with the sauce and garnish with the cilantro.
Get the best Ideal Protein recipes with 7Company!
At 7Company, we offer the best Ideal Protein recipes to help you look and feel your best. Our blog makes all of these recipes readily available to you. When it’s time for you to eat a meal and you can’t decide what to make, you can simply go to our blog and pick out a recipe that you’d like to try! We are always adding new ones so be sure to keep checking back. We want to ensure that you are getting the best options to make sure that this journey is as enjoyable for you as possible. 7Company truly cares about you and will always offer you the tools necessary for success.