Ideal Protein Phase 1 friendly
- 1 ¾ C. asparagus, skinned and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 T. lime juice
- ¼ C. fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ C. green onion, chopped
- ½ jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- Dash of hot sauce or ½ – 1 green chili
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- Clean the asparagus by using a potato peeler to peel off the tougher outside skin of the asparagus stems; not the tops of the spears.
- Once cleaned, cut asparagus in 1-inch pieces. Make sure to cut off the tough ends and toss.
- Place asparagus in a steamer on the stovetop and steam, covered, approximately 10 minutes.
- Put steamed asparagus in a food processor and puree until smooth. Cover and refrigerate till cool.
- In a medium bowl, place cooled asparagus puree and the remaining ingredients; fold.
- Keep refrigerated after use.