- 1 portion* mussels, rinsed well and debearded, discarding any mussels that won’t close. (1lb mussels in their shell yield approximately 8oz raw meat)
- ½ cup non-fat chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges for serving
- 2 cups turnips, peeled and cut into 1/4” thick fries, pat dry with a cloth
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
*US: 1 Portion = 4-6 ounces
*CA: 1 Portion = 8 ounces
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 F. Toss turnips well with salt and olive oil. Cook in the air fryer for 15 min, shaking halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat chicken stock in a pot over medium heat, covering it with a lid. Once stock comes to a boil, add mussels and garlic and close with a lid. Shake the pot gently occasionally. Cook for 3-5 min or until all the mussels have opened.
- Set mussels aside out of the chicken stock with a slotted spoon onto a serving plate or bowl. Garnish with parsley leaves. Serve alongside turnips fries, and use lemon wedges to freshen up the flavor of the mussels as you eat.