It’s only the beginning of November and the holiday decorations are up! I noticed this
recently as I was driving through Lansdowne Towne Center. And I’ve already heard my first holiday song on the radio. Yikes! So it doesn’t hurt to start planning now as to how you will stay on your weight loss protocol during the holidays!
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Plan ahead! I always remind our clients that planning is more than half the battle. If you have your vegetables prepared and easily accessible, you will not be as tempted to eat something that is not on the protocol.
- Keep plenty of Ideal Protein foods on hand and take them with you.
- Eat an Ideal Protein food before you go to a restaurant, party or dinner.
- Let your friends, family, and colleagues know you are following a healthy diet. When it is time to choose restaurants or menu items for parties, they will know ahead of time to include healthier options.
- Start collecting recipes of healthy appetizers, entrees or desserts now so you can be prepared when it’s time to shop for parties or bring a dish to a party. We have a brand new Ideal Protein recipe book with lots of amazing recipes.
- Remember that you are making a choice not to eat certain foods this holiday season, you are not depriving yourself.
- If you are on maintenance, add an Ideal Protein food to your diet every day. This will help keep your weight in check.
- Attend the healthy cooking demo on Monday, November 14 at 6:30 pm in Lansdowne. You’ll get some wonderful recipe ideas for the holidays. Yummy!
- Sign up for the Strategies for Coping with the Holidays workshop on Saturday, November 19. You don’t have to do this alone.
- Keep your weekly visit appointments. You’ll want to stay accountable and be supported during this season.
I’d love to hear any tips you may have!