8 secret tips to keeping your new and improved body and to maintain weight loss!
- Maintain weight by doing it for yourself first. You have to think about why you wanted to lose the weight in the first place and why this is important to you. Then use that as your motivation to maintain your weight. “Your desire to maintain must be driven by something that’s deeper and consistent with your own internal values.” – Scott Kahan, MD, director of the National Center of Weight and Wellness
- Exercise. You can and should continue a healthy diet but exercise is the key to maintaining your weight loss. “To maintain weight loss, physical activity is an absolute must.” – James O. Hill, PhD, Co-founder of the National Weight Control Registry.
- Get your baggage in check. A common cause for weight gain is indulging in foods to help you cope with your emotions. Try to find other activities to help you get through whatever you’re going through. Activities such as walking, talking with friends or anything else to keep you calm should be a big help.
- You’re not alone. You have your family and friends all here to support you during this transformation. You have 7Company as well backing you 100%!
- Limit screen time. Between our tablets, phones and TV’s, electronics seem to keep us sitting down. This makes it easy to snack while enjoying your daily dose of media. Have a set amount of time each day that you allow yourself to use your electronics. The National Weight Control Registry has found that the people who have lost 30 pounds or more watch only 10 hours or fewer, of TV per week compared to the average of 28 hours.
- Weigh yourself. Getting on the scale daily is an effective strategy to help in maintaining your weight loss. “It’s not just weighing yourself that’s important; it’s having a plan for what to do if your weight exceeds the level you want it to be.” -James O.Hill PhD
- Eat breakfast. 80% of the people in the Nation Weight Control Registry eat breakfast. Since breakfast is the start to your day, starting your day by eating right should help you continue that throughout the day.
- Stay on track. Sometimes things such as vacations and holidays occur which may make it difficult to stick to your diet. As long as you get back on track as soon as you can you’ll be just fine!
If you ever need any assistance or advice during your weight loss process, always feel free to let 7Company lend a hand! Take a look at our weight loss programs here! You can also read some of our client success stories here!