- 2 cups turnips, peeled and cut into 1/4” thick fries, pat dry with a cloth
- 1 oz (28g) parmesan, grated
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 portion mussels, rinsed well and debearded, discarding any mussels that won’t close. (1lb mussels in their shell yield approximately 8oz raw meat)
- 3 oz large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup non fat chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges for serving
- 1 slice whole grain toast
*US: 1 Portion = 4-6 ounces
*CA: 1 Portion = 8 ounce
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F. Toss turnips well with parmesan, salt, and olive oil. Cook in the air fryer for 15 min, shaking halfway through until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat chicken broth in a pot over medium heat, covering it with a lid. Once stock comes to a boil, add mussels, shrimp, and garlic and close with a lid. Shake the pot gently occasionally. Cook for 3-5 min or until all the mussels have opened.
- Set mussels aside from the chicken stock with a slotted spoon onto a serving plate or bowl. Garnish with parsley leaves. Serve alongside turnips fries and use lemon wedges to freshen up the flavor of the mussels as you eat and mop up juices with toast.