Ideal Protein Phase 1 Friendly and Vegetarian!
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup fat-free vegetable broth
- 1 packet IP broccoli cheese soup mix
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- A large pinch smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chopped chives or green onion tops, optional
- In a small saucepan over high heat, combine the cauliflower and broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover the pan and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the soup mix according to packet directions and keep warm.
- Pour cauliflower into a blender. Cover the blender with a folded towel over the lid. Blend on low speed in 10 seconds increments, gradually increasing the speed to high, until smooth.
- Return cauliflower to the pan. Stir in soup mix, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Heat until hot (do not allow to boil). Serve with sprinkle paprika and chives, if desired.