Put the “Light” in Delightful with this Chili Tostadas Recipe!
This is a perfect Phase 1 treat that’s yummy, healthy, and shareable (although you may not want to!). Our chili tostadas recipe makes for a great appetizer or flavorful snack, especially in the summer!
- 1 Ideal Protein Maple Oatmeal (preferably sweetened)
- 1 Ideal Protein Vegetable Chili
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 small pinches of baking soda
- 4 oz of hot water
- 8 drops of extra virgin olive oil
- l¼ teaspoon of dried Mexican herbs (coriander, basil, oregano, dried peppers, garlic and crushed cumin which gives it a nice ‘smoky’ flavor)
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh tomatoes or fresh salsa
- Chopped onion (raw) or green onion
- Fresh lime
1) Preheat the oven at 350º F. Blend the contents of the oatmeal and chili together with the baking powder, baking soda, hot water, virgin olive oil and herbs together until all the water is absorbed and the dry ingredients are equally distributed.
2) Rub fresh garlic directly onto a non-stick baking sheet. Spoon mixture into two (2) tostadas.
3) Bake at 350º F for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with shredded lettuce, 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro, 1 tablespoon of fresh or canned tomatoes, chopped onion or green onions. Sprinkle a splash of fresh lime and serve while still hot!
Staying up to date with 7Company’s blog will give you access to a plethora of new Ideal Protein recipes to try. We do our best to make sure that you are having the best 7Company experience possible by providing you with all of the necessary tools to come out on top. By the end of the 7Company program, you will feel better than you have in years! Put your trust in us and we will get you to your ideal weight.
Contact a Coach Today!
*Yields 2 medium tostadas, equivalent to 2 Ideal Protein food portions.