Phase 1 Friendly and Vegetarian!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped leek
- 1 (28-ounce) can no sugar added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small to medium eggplant, diced
- 1 small to medium zucchini, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp sliced basil leaves
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, salt, and black pepper; return to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are softened, about 15 minutes. Stir in the basil.
Serve at once or cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.