- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 20 large sea scallops, side muscles removed
- 20 cherry tomatoes (or any variety of favorite vegetables-Zucchini, Yellow Squash, or Mushrooms)
- 4 flat metal skewers; a spice mill (optional)
- Preheat the broiler or grill.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk in oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Finely grind fennel seeds in a spice mill, or place in a small resealable plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy skillet.
- Place scallops in a medium bowl. Drizzle 2 Tbsp. herb oil over; toss to coat. Alternating scallops and cherry tomatoes, thread 5 of each onto each skewer.
- Place skewers on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle both sides of kebabs with ground fennel and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil skewers until scallops are just opaque in the center, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer skewers to a platter. Drizzle with remaining herb oil.