2 bell peppers with bottoms as flat as possible, tops removed, seeds and white parts of the insides removed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 portion plus 3 oz extra lean ground beef
- ½ roma tomato, deseeded and chopped
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp olive tapenade
- ½ tbsp chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat an air fryer to 375°F.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and swirl in olive oil. Add in celery and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat up to medium-high Add in ground beef, tomato, salt, oregano, and onion powder and sauté until meat is cooked and most of the liquid evaporates, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa and 1 ½ tbsp olive tapenade.
- Rub peppers with 1 tbsp olive tapenade and stuff with meat mixture. Place into the air fryer propping the peppers up with balls of aluminum foil to ensure they don’t fall over. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until slightly blistered.
- Optionally garnish with fresh basil.