- 2 tsp olive oil
- 12-16 oz sirloin steak cut into 1 ½ cubes, pat dry
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp salt 200g torn mixed mushrooms (about 2-3 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ cup fat free beef broth
- 1 cup whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 2 oz cream
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
*US: 1 Portion = 4-6 ounces
*CA: 1 Portion = 8 ounces
- Turn the instant pot to a high sauté setting. Drizzle in olive oil. Add in steak cubes and season with salt and pepper. Add in mushrooms. Brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Add in garlic, thyme, tamari, and onion powder, and sauté for 30 seconds. Pour in beef broth and pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Quick release, remove the lid, add in the pasta, and stir. Close the lid and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Natural release for 3 minutes. Remove the stalk of thyme and optionally sauté to reduce the sauce. Stir in cream, garnish with optional parsley and serve.