- 2 pounds asparagus stalks, washed and trimmed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
In a jar or bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Serve at room temperature. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
Blanch the asparagus in lightly-salted boiling water for about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; do not overcook. Remove from heat and refresh under ice cold water; drain well. Toss asparagus with enough lemon vinaigrette to coat lightly.